The Jewish people welcome fellow travelers; anyone may seek refuge under the wings of the divine presence. People find their way to Judaism in innumerable ways – through their own search, by falling in love with a Jew, by being inspired by services or a lifecycle event – and it is important for the community to be warm and welcoming, that Knesset Israel is a tightly-knit community enables a prospective convert to get a very good taste of Jewish life over the course of a personalized, year-long conversion study program.
- studying basic Judaism with a mentor from the congregation;
- learning to read Hebrew;
- attending prayer services;
- establishing a commitment to religious practices like observing Shabbat, praying in a Jewish context and eating kosher food;
- becoming familiar with what it means to be a part of the Jewish people;
- regular appointments with the rabbi;
- and living at least one full year of the Jewish calendar ‘from the inside.’